Thursday, April 18, 2013

16 Months and 2 Weeks

  • Weighs 21 pounds, 1 ounce
  • Wearing 18 month clothes and a size 3 diaper
  • Is saying Momma, Dada, Ma, Pa, cat, dog, bath, bubbles, tree, ball, banana, what's that, plane, Papaw, turtle, teddy bear, duck, Mamaw (not Memaw), bye bye, hi, purple, yellow, blue, turkey, show, itsy, snack, juice, hat, bed, bow, no, Elmo, moon, shoes, blueberries (bee-bee), and pretty much tries to repeat anything we say.  I am probably missing some with this list.
  • Turtle is by far my favorite word that she says.  She actually pointed to my belly the other day and said turtle.  I guess it does kind of look like a turtle
  • I also love when she holds her hands together and says "Itsy" because she wants us to sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • Is really getting into her puzzles.  We keep them in a drawer in the living room and she will go in there and tug at the drawer.  Of course we have to get them all out at once and then we practice putting the pieces where they go.  She is really good at putting the pieces in the right place (although I oftentimes have to turn them so they fit).
  • Still loves to read and has started "reading" books
  • Can bock like a chicken, bark like a dog, moo like a cow, throws her arm up for an elephant, scrunches her nose like a bunny, makes a mouth like a fish, choo-choos like a train, and makes a siren for a fire truck
  • She can show me her eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue, teeth, head, face, hair, belly, belly button, hands, fingers, feet, and toes.  We are working on shoulders and knees because she loves the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees, & Toes", but so far she pats her chest when I say shoulders.  I guess it's hard to get your arms to bend that way.
  • Has four top teeth, four bottom teeth, and three molars
  • She has been putting her hands together when I say "Let's say our prayer." for quite some time, but now she has stared clapping after our prayer.  She loves to celebrate.
  • Remember when I said that she doesn't eat Frank's food anymore?  Well, I lied.  She's back on the dog food diet again.
  • She gets really cranky if she is rushed in the mornings.  She likes to lounge around until she is ready to start her day.  And she doesn't like to be talked to.  And doesn't really like anyone talking, period.
  • She is really testing our limits lately.  And we started time out this week because of it.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs