We celebrated Marlee's 1/2 Birthday with pancakes and a couple presents.
- I'm not sure what she weighs. She has her 18 month checkup next week.
- Update: Marlee weights 23 pounds, 2 ounces; still in the 25th percentile. She is 2'8" and has shot up to the 50th-60th percentile in height.
- Wearing 24 month clothes and a size 3 diaper. She has really shot up in the past month.
- Talking like crazy and starting to say small sentences. Here she is saying "It's a bee." and "It's a bug."
- Like I said before, she is getting ornery and definitely testing her limits. But, when she knows we mean business, she is good a listening and doing as she is told.
- James let her "drive" his car a couple weeks ago and now it has become one of her favorite things
- Getting better are using her utensils with her meals. She is getting so big. ;)
- Likes to give high fives
- When I say I love you, she blows kisses
- Knows some of the motions to Itsy, Bitsy Spider, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, If You're Happy and You Know It, and Row Row Row Your Boat. And she likes to just randomly throw them out there so we will start singing. And then she just grins from ear to ear.
- Still enjoys her wagon, but only for short distances. This girl has never liked being still.
- Still loves to read and loves when her Dada comes home from work. I will try to video her reaction to her Dada coming home so you can see how excited she gets. She is usually stuck to him like glue until bedtime.
- Likes to go with me to the bathroom (what toddler doesn't?) and will say "potty?". So, I went ahead and bought her a potty. I don't plan on potty training anytime soon, but I thought it would be good to get her used to her own potty. When she sees it, she says "potty?" and sits/stands/climbs in/on it.
I just realized that her monkey is in most of these pictures. She loves that monkey. And I love that she loves that monkey. ;) James and I absolutely love this age and say at least once a day that we wish we could freeze time. Children are truly a blessing from God and this little girl has most certainly swept me and her Dada off of our feet and changed our lives forever. Happy 1/2 Birthday Marlee Mae! We love you to pieces!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment