I accidentally left my razor on the edge of my bathtub and before I could say "No", Marlee had already picked it up and cut her thumb (pretty bad I might add...I might have freaked out and called 911...and an ambulance might have come to our house). And unfortunately, it cut her left thumb, which is the thumb that she sucks. :( The first day after the accident, her whole hand became useless.
I felt so sorry for her because she wanted to suck her thumb so bad to soothe the pain. Nap time and bedtime were a challenge that day without her thumb. But, by the next day, it was like she never sucked her thumb before. She was over it and Momma and Dada were sad. We never thought we would love our child being a thumb sucker, but we have grown to love it and we weren't quite ready for her to give it up yet. But, she is a big girl. And big girls don't need to suck their thumbs. Fortunately for Marlee, she has an additional security tactic besides her thumb: her monkey. For quite some time, she has been rubbing the corner of her monkey between her toes, on the palm of her hand, on her cheek, and in her ear. But now she is taking it to a whole new level. Instead of her falling asleep with her thumb in her mouth, she likes to fall asleep with her monkey between her toes. Can you see it below? Silly girl.
0 comments:
Post a Comment