Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Conversations and Sentences

Marlee Mae is just dying to have a conversation with us.  She can only say a few sentences, so we have the same conversations over and over and over.  We saw a motorcycle on the way home from school Monday.  Here is how our conversation went:

Marlee: "Motorcyle.  Vrum-vrum"
Me: "It sure is, Sugar."
Marlee: "Where did it go?"
Marlee: "Is it gone, gone?"
Me: "It sure is, Sugar."
Marlee: "Bye-bye, motorcycle"

And then we repeat this conversation with everything we see (firetruck, car, etc.).

She has also started saying "I don't want this/that".  We were in the car on the way to school this morning and she said "I don't want this." and handed me her sippy-cup.  When I took it, she said "Thank-you."  And about thirty seconds later, she asked for it back.  I think she really just wanted to practice her sentences. ;)

She also says "I'm finished." when she is finished with her meals.  Then pushes her plate away and says "Thank-you."  Sweet girl.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs