Wednesday, September 18, 2013

'Round Here

So, we've been a little busy.  I started working when Laynie was just two weeks old so if I have an extra hour in the day, I like to try to squeeze in a little nap instead of blogging.  However, I am making myself stay awake today so I can upload all of these pictures.  Beware of picture/video overload below.  This is everything we have been up to in the past few weeks.

Here we are Labor Day in Fort Smith.
  Who needs a swimsuit when you have bloomers?  This girl is fearless.
 Memaw Polly loved getting to meet Laynie.
 
 Laynie and Hayes.  These two are going to have so much fun together! 
Marlee has learned how to use the water dispenser on the fridge.  It is messy.

Here is Laynie building her neck muscles 
 while big sister catches up on Dora and Baby TV
 
Marlee breaks out into a little dance when she recognizes one of the songs
Marlee is finally sleeping better in her toddler bed (not sure if I have mentioned this, but she started crawling out of her crib right before Laynie was born).  She either sleeps through the night or only wakes up once, which is a massive improvement.  The poor girl has never been a good sleeper.  She requires a lot of things at bedtime now.  She even added a ball the other night.
Marlee loves her little sister and goes over to to say "Hi" throughout the day
  And sometimes she even tries to pick her up and she will say "Oooo, it's heavy."

 Marlee has been spending Thursdays with her Ma at Jack & Jill.  She is having a blast.
 While Marlee is at Jack & Jill, I usually give Laynie a bath
She hates it.
But she loves it when we are all finished and she is cozy and warm with her paci
Marlee is still counting and it usually goes like this: 1,2,5 (with the 5 said in a high pitch voice).  Sometimes she throws in 7,6,5,7 after 1,25.  She is also really starting to recognize her colors.  She can usually recognize yellow, orange, blue, and black...and sometimes green and white.  She has also started saying her A,B,C's.  She can get all the way to G.  Here she is upset about her hat falling off and then noticed that I wrote the A,B,C's in chalk on the sidewalk. ;)
While I'm working, Laynie likes to hangout in my carrier
Or on the bed
Sometimes she even has a question
Since the weather is starting to cool off, we are spending more time outdoors.  We love a good evening walk (that usually ends at the school playground).
We have also enjoyed spending afternoons on the deck.
Marlee likes to share her snacks with her little sister.
She also likes to share her toys.
And, with the cooler weather, comes Razorback football.
 Other than that, we have just been chillaxin,
relaxin,
 and loving on our sweet babies. 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs