Tuesday, October 8, 2013

'Round Here Part 2

Maybe I will get around to posting more often soon.  As of right now, I'm still using my spare time to catch up on sleep (considering I have two kids that don't sleep through the night.  Laynie actually sleeps better than Marlee most nights!).  Here is a review of the last few weeks.

Thursdays at Jack & Jill
Marlee loves to sing and dance.  She is really into "Deep and Wide", doing the "Here is the Church, Here is the Steeple" saying with her hands, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and "Ring Around the Rosie".
She is also still really into counting.  She still counts from 1 to 2 to 5 to 7, but she can recognize all ten numbers.

Marlee still likes to tell Laynie "Hi" all the time.  And likes to get right in her face.  Laynie just looks at me like she is saying, "Help me!"
Laynie has started smiling.  It will melt your heart.
She has also started "talking" quite a bit.
Marlee still isn't sleeping well.  We are coming up on a year since she slept through the night.  At this point, we have just realized that this is the way it is going to be.  Here we are at 5:30 am in the rocker.  Sleeping beauty. ;)
And here we all are in bed bright and early on another morning.  Laynie sleeps beside my bed, but she had really bad gas this particular morning.  So, I put her up in bed so I could cuddle Marlee (and keep her asleep) while still being able to reach and soothe Laynie.  This is what James saw when he got out of the shower.  Haha!
Marlee is quite the little stinker these days.  She talks non-stop and is constantly cracking me up.  One thing she says all the time is "No, don't want it".  Except she says it as if she is going up a musical scale on the "no" and then again on the "don't want it". She has also started to want us to rock her before bed (I think it has to do with some jealously for her baby sister).  She will say "rock you".  ;)  I can't get her to stay still long enough for pictures these days, but her she is after school and at lunch...looking ornery as can be.
I tried to get her reaction to the pumpkins and scarecrow I put out while she was at school, but planes are always a cause for distraction.
Laynie still does a lot of sleeping.  Here she is snoozing through two different Razorback games.  I don't know how she manages to sleep through her Dada's yelling.
She is also putting on some pounds!
And just because I love a baby in a swaddle
We managed to get out of the house for lunch last weekend with the girls.  We drove up to the marina where we store our boat to eat at the little restaurant there.  Some of the best home cookin' around!
These girls sure do love their Dada.  I was trying to get Marlee to sing songs for me and managed to catch the expression on her face when her Dada pulled in the garage from work.  She is stuck like glue to her Dada from the time he gets home to bedtime.
Here they are on the back deck with Dada.  Marlee loves to hide out under the grill cover.  I was on the phone with my boss one day and I looked over and saw her little feet sticking out under the grill cover.  When I lifted it up, she was drinking my Sonic drink as fast as she could.  Haha!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs