Marlee's school is just now starting to do programs. This is there first Christmas program. It was really just each class singing a Christmas song, but cute, nonetheless.
Mom and I took the girls to see Santa. Marlee did not want to get close to Santa. I had to bribe her with a sucker to sit on my lap.
Our whole family had been battling a cold for weeks (James even had some flu-like bug) and poor Laynie woke up with a fever Christmas morning. So, we spent Christmas morning at the emergency room.
She was diagnosed with RSV and an ear infection. Since RSV is highly contagious among babies, Laynie and I weren't able to attend Christmas at the Grady's. They sent me this video.
We spent Christmas night at Memaw and Papaw's, but I didn't take a single picture. I was so out of it from zero sleep the night before with my sick little baby. Laynie didn't sleep much while her cough was so bad, but once she finally stopped coughing so much, she took a 5+ hour nap (I actually woke her up to feed her!). She had a lot of catching up to do. sidenote: I LOVE that she LOVES her thumb. ;)
Since Laynie was sick, we weren't able to go to Bernie. But, since we couldn't go to Bernie, we were able to keep Memaw Polly company while everyone was gone.
Santa came to visit our house. I don't think Marlee cared at all. She loves her tent, but other than that, she was just kind of like "whatever". Hopefully that will change next year!
I think Laynie was pleased with her loot.
Laynie started feeling better.
And we had a lot of time off work since we didn't go to Bernie, so we went lots of places over the next few days. We went on a walk,
played at Little Giggles,
jumped at Boingo Bounce,
and went to see the animals at the Gentry Zoo (no pictures to show for that). Somewhere during all of that, Marlee got sick. It was just a random virus with a fever and no appetite, but it lasted four days. We ate a lot of popsicles.
Josh and Whitney came over to help us ring in the New Year. Marlee loved the horns they brought.
Then, I got the flu-like bug. And school was canceled for FOUR days because of the snow. So, I cared for both babies with a fever. It was tough. It might be the toughest thing I have ever done. Besides labor. Yeah, labor was the toughest. Anyway, while I was sick, these two did a lot of hanging out.
And some sister bonding.
I think we spent almost every day in our jammies. Marlee finally got to go to school last week and she is actually in a new class with children ages 2-3. Here she is on her first day of her new class. She looks so big!!
Since we weren't able to go to Bernie, Memaw brought Bernie to us this past weekend. Marlee was excited to open more presents!
Laynie loved her presents, too. She just didn't want to get up and express her excitement.
Everyone is finally feeling good and I hope it stays that way for awhile.
0 comments:
Post a Comment