Thursday, October 23, 2014

Our Lives Currently

The weather has been incredible, so we have been enjoying it while we can.
 This picture of Laynie cracks me up.  James thinks she looks like Chris Farley. 
Marlee loves for me to paint her nails.  She usually says "Dada's gonna love it!"
Marlee is still our little bookworm.  She likes us to read to her and she also likes to read to us.  She has memorized a lot of her books.
Laynie runs from us a lot.  She loves to grab Frank's food and run from us and eat it?  I thought she would realize it was gross, but it is her favorite snack.  She also loves to run with the remotes or anything she thinks she isn't supposed to have.
I bought this Elsa dress a couple months ago and it has been worth every penny.  Marlee immediately strips when she walks in the door and puts this on.  Then she likes to take it off when she eats (so it won't get dirty) or when she rides her tricycle (it gets in the way), so she spends a lot of time in her panties at home too.  I'm cool with it.  Frozen is not old at our house yet.
James and I sent the girls home for a night and went to see the Avett Brothers at the new amphitheatre in Rogers.  It was an amazing concert and a good time with my hubby!

Some more facts as of recently:
  • Marlee loves to talk.  She always talks to me the entire ride home from school.  And we cover about 20 subjects.  She also likes to say "sure am", "sure do", "sure is".  I think its funny and I have noticed that I answer her like that a lot.
  • We are working on getting Marlee to sleep by herself.  It is not going well.  She is all about it until it actually comes time.  She had big tears in her eyes the first night and said "This is a disaster!".  I would love for her to sleep by herself, but I also know it is going to be really hard because she still wakes up multiple times a night.  We will see.
  • Marlee and Laynie are becoming really good friends.  Laynie just adores Marlee and Marlee adores her for the most part.  Laynie annoys Marlee a lot and Laynie also runs with Marlee's things just because she knows they are Marlee's things.  But, they also play together a lot...and it melts my heart
  • Laynie still isn't talking.  We thought she was saying "Dada" and "Hi", but I don't think so.  I think she is just babbling and got lucky a few times.  She has been babbling a lot more in the past week and it is sounding more like talking, so maybe soon.
  • Laynie has had a never-ending ear infection for the last month.  She went through all three antibiotics they use for ear infections and she is currently doing a 3-day sequence of shots that they do when all antibiotics fail.  I'm thinking tubes are probably in her future.  It is just strange because before this, she had never had an ear infection before.
Just one more picture because I think she looks precious in her ruffle bottom pants.
I love these babies to the moon and back!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Your babies are precious! I just wanted to comment, because SC wasn't talking (and very little babbling) at 1 yet either due to hearing loss from fluid in her ears. she also had very few actual ear infections, but kept fluid . She had her first hearing screening randomly at daycare at 10 months and failed which prompted us to see an audiologist and ENT. they made us wait 6 weeks to see if the fluid would go away on its own, but it didn't so she got tubes and within a week she was talking. She also started sleeping through the night almost immediately after getting tubes. I highly recommend asking for a hearing screening, just to see if thats the case.

crystal_b said...

For some reason, I'm not getting notifications when you put up a new post! I need to remember to poke over here more often to see what's up :)

I'm jealous of your good weather. It's been COLD here.

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs