Thursday, May 14, 2015

April 2015

April was a good month.  The girls have a blast on Thursday's at Jack & Jill and at Ma & Pa's house.  They get to play with their cousin, Hadley and eat Sonic.
Laynie is talking more but still won't say Momma.  I think she is messing with me.  She has started using silverware and really favors her left hand.
 Marlee loves interpretive dance. ;)
She is also really into ledges right now.  We have a book called The Little Burro and the donkeys walk on a ledge.  She is obsessed with ledges.  We have to look at ledges on our phone all the time and she points them out during our entire drive on I-49 to Fort Smith.

James and I went on our first adult only vacation.  It was heavenly.  We went with some of our best friends, Josh and Whitney, that have a little girl just one year younger than Laynie.  We did a four night cruise to the Bahamas because we didn't think we could be away from our babies that long, but we decided mid-cruise that we can.  Our next cruise will be seven days...if the grandparents will keep them that long! ;)  Maybe when they are a little older and easier to manage.
Mom kept Josie and Marlee while we were gone and they had a blast.
  She always says "Josie is my cousin, but she is also my best friend."

When we got home from our cruise, Marlee had a good time grocery shopping with me and we all had a good weekend just enjoying each other and the sunshine.

 Marlee's dance recital is coming up, so they had pictures at dance class.  She got to wear blush and lipstick and she was really feeling pretty!!
 Laynie got her first haircut.  While we waited, Laynie did lots of exploring and Marlee caught up on some reading. 
 I didn't get an actual pictures of Laynie getting her hair cut because she freaked out a little bit and I had to use my phone to play Mickey Mouse as a distraction.

I will leave you with a sweet video of Laynie reading in her room.  I find her in her room often jibber jabbering and flipping through her books.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs