Marlee's Birthday was a hit. She said "I always wanted one of these".
We tried out a new play place. The girls loved it.
Marlee got a pyogenic granuloma removed from her temple at the dermatologist. I had to hold her down. It was tragic. We went to Toys R Us afterward and got a prize for being so brave. She picked out some Frozen puzzles.
Marlee said she wanted rainbow lights on the house. We decided to just light the trees. The girls loved the lights. Every time we got home after dark, Laynie would say "so pretty" and we would all have to go out and admire them. Marlee reminded us often that we didn't have lights on the house. The girl is hard to impress!
We rode the Christmas train with Josie and Hayes. Don't let Laynie fool you. She screamed the entire time we were in line. I don't think she likes waiting in line.
We went to look at the lights on the square. Marlee was underwhelmed because she was hoping for a tunnel. Laynie kept saying "wow! It's amazing!"
We made Christmas cookies. Actually, Ma gave us a kit with cookies and icing. Marlee enjoyed decorating them and Laynie enjoyed eating the icing and sprinkles.
I love this video of Marlee singing Away in a Manger and I love that little stinker jumping off the bed in the background.
We went to Silver Dollar City to spend the day and watch the parade at night. It was CROWDED. We didn't ride many rides because Laynie doesn't like lines but the girls loved the parade.
Here we are practicing our pirate faces for pirate night on our upcoming Disney cruise.
We stayed in Fayetteville again this year for Christmas Eve. Marlee sat with us in big church and really enjoyed holding her candle.
The girls were so excited Christmas morning. They got everything they asked for and more. I think Laynie's favorite thing was the skittles in her stocking. Marlee loved all of her little prizes in her stocking, too. Next year I might just get candy and dollar trinkets. ;)
We went down to Jami's for lunch and then went to see Ma in the hospital because she broke her hip
Every time Laynie would see a Christmas tree, she would say "A tistmas tee. It's perpect." It was my favorite. I wish I could bottle it up and save it.
We did Christmas at Memaw and Papaw's house that night and I do not have a single picture to prove it. I was doing a good job living in the moment.
Ma and Pa took us all on a Disney cruise for their Christmas present. Except Ma and Pa didn't get to go because Ma was in the hospital. Our flight out was at 6:00am, so the girls traveled in their pajamas all day. Marlee was so excited about the big boat and the "aeroplane"! Marlee sat with Dada right behind me and Laynie on the first flight. I'm pretty sure she asked about 376 questions. Dada was worn out!
As soon as we got to our hotel in Cocoa Beach, we put on some summer clothes and ate lunch on the patio. It was so nice to escape the cold weather at home. Once the girls stepped foot on the beach they did not want to leave. They kept jumping in the waves and giggling. It was awesome.
Marlee insisted on wearing her Tinkerbell wings down to the beach
Our best attempt at a family photo
When we finally got the girls in from the beach, Lou bird passed out and didn't move for the rest of the night. That was a long day!
The girls looked so cute boarding the big boat
The first of many ice cream cones for Laynie. Every time we passed the ice cream station, she had to have one.
Here we are at the set sail party. I look exhausted...because I was. And I'm not sure why I have the heavier child on my shoulders.
Right after we got on the boat, the girls discovered the splash pad. This was by far their favorite thing about the ship.
The girls dressed up as tinkerbell for dinner.
We spent the day at the Atlantis hotel in Nassau, mostly enjoying the water park. The water was SO COLD!! Of course, the girls didn't care but we had to supervise and we cared!!
Here we are at pirate night
The girls got to meet all of the princesses. While we were in line, Marlee kept saying "I can't believe we're next!" Watching them meet them was my favorite part of the trip. It was so magical.
Marlee does poses like Elsa when I take pictures of her now.
Marlee had an appointment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique to be transformed into her favorite princess which was Elsa, of course. She had told me when we met the princesses that she wished her Elsa dress went over her hands like Elsa's did. She was beside herself when her new dress did just that.





Once she was all dressed up, we had a photo shoot in the main lobby. She did poses like Elsa.

The Bippity Boppity Boutique experience was worth every penny. I would pay for it again and again. Watching her experience it was so awesome.

Laynie was too young for the Bippity Boppity Boutique, but she wore her Minnie Mouse dress to dinner.


On the way home with her Elsa braid still in tact. These girls were worn out.
The Disney cruise was absolutely amazing. We cannot wait to take them again.











1 comments:
Awesome post! Such great memories and pictures! I like living in the moment :)
Post a Comment