We spent most of January trying to stay inside and avoid the cold. We visited the library often.
We checked out a new indoor activity center.
The girls loved this place and ask to go back often.
We have had a lot of dance parties in the kitchen.
And we spend a lot of time being silly together in the evenings. They love playing with their Dada when he gets home from work.
We haven't gotten much snow and I'm not complaining. However, it would be nice for it to snow and stick just once so the girls can play in it. Marlee was so excited about this little bit of snow that we did get.
The girls and I stayed home Martin Luther King weekend (Dada was in NYC) to get Laynie potty trained. I have put this off because I hated potty training Marlee. But, Laynie proved me wrong. She peed and pooped in the potty as soon as I took her diaper away. The only accidents she had were right by the potty because she couldn't get her panties down fast enough. I guess it payed off to drag my feet for so long! Marlee was such a big help. She wore just her panties all day like Laynie and was so encouraging.
We did lots of crafts during our three days in the house.
The girls had a tea party with real water in the bathroom. I let it go on for about thirty minutes and then I had to put a stop to it. I think I could have gone swimming in that bathroom!
We did lots of cuddling that weekend
And we all slept together in my room. Marlee said "Are we all going to sleep in here together? This is going to be so awesome!"
Laynie loves to read her own story every night. I love it.
Marlee wanted to watch our wedding video.
Then she wanted to marry Dada
A few things I want to remember:
- Laynie still call Marlee Laynie. It kills me. She knows her name is Marlee, but she is always saying "where's Laynie?" or "I'm coming, Laynie!"
- Laynie puts herself in time out every time she gets upset. I don't ever have to put her in time out and I have never had to spank her. I just say "No" and she completely melts down and puts herself in the corner. It is quite dramatic and she is upset for quite a long time.
- Marlee asks about 1,000 questions a day. She wants to know everything about everything. and she obsesses over things. For instance, she asked where her pee and poop go when she flushes the toilet then she wanted to know everything there was to know about sewers. Before that, it was ledges.
- Marlee is in a preschool class now and is learning so much. She is writing her name so much better and learning how to zip her coat, do jumping jacks, etc. She has something new to show me every week.

0 comments:
Post a Comment