Sunday, August 28, 2016

Summer 2016

We had a very busy summer.  We kicked it off with a little backyard campout.  The girls wanted to make s'mores, but I think they had more fun holding the marshmallow on the hanger than actually eating them.  Marlee just likes the marshmallow and Laynie just likes the chocolate.  I had planned on camping out with them all night but I am just not cut out for camping. ;) I finally went inside around 3:30am, but James and the girls made it all night long. 
The girl's swim instructor took the summer off on maternity leave.  I could not find another instructor for the life of me so I made it my mission to teach Marlee how to swim.  She did so good and was swimming like a fish by the end of the summer.  I still think she needs lessons next year to learn correct form and breathing, but I was so proud of her.
 We spent several weekends at Lake Ouachita with family and several weekends at Beaver Lake with friends.  Marlee loves the lake.  Laynie prefers the air conditioning.  I am hoping that will change!
 
 
James and Jon were both cheerleaders at the UofA, so stunting in the lake is a must.
They taught Laynie how to head bang.  Hilarious!
 
 
 The fly gun  James bought on Amazon was a big hit.
We spent July 4th at Ma & Pa's house this year.  The girls LOVED the fireworks.
 
 
 
 Josie got to spend every other Monday night with us this summer and Marlee loved it.  They are best friends. :)
 
 Marlee's class had such a fun summer.  They had a luau and even camped out one day.

 
The girls also had a fun summer at Jack & Jill filled with princess day, a luau, swimming at Ma's house, train rides, and the water park
 
The girls were asked to do a photo shoot for a local children's boutique in Fort Smith.  They will be featured in their print advertisement.
Marlee learned how to ride her bike without training wheels!
 We celebrated Layie's Birthday princess style.
 
 She couldn't believe all of these presents were for her!
 
 
I got out for a girls night to see Miranda Lambert with my long time best friend and James and I took my parents to see Chris Stapleton.  These nights out recharge my Momma batteries!
 
 We ended the summer with a trip to the beach.  The girls loved every minute of the hotels, the condo, the beach, and most of all the pool.
 Marlee loved collecting sea shells on the beach.  We had no idea they were alive until she put water in the bucket and these jelly things started coming out of the shells.  Disgusting.  She really wanted to take them home so we boiled them and James and I almost puked at the smell.  We decided we WERE NOT taking those things home with us so we scooped up some of the fake shells from a décor bowl from the condo and called it a day. ;)
We spent some time at the little kid amusement park across the street from our condo.  Laynie loved the thrill rides.  Marlee stayed nice and safe on the merry go round.

 
 We spent a few nights on the boardwalk and the girls had a blast.  They danced, got tattoos, rode the train, got their faces painted, and fed the fish.
Our favorite babysitter Alex came with us and we are SO thankful for her.  She certainly makes a vacation a vacation.
 
 Laynie panicked right as the train took off because she thought they were leaving us .
So, I rode it with her the next night. :)
 
 
 It rained all day four of the six days we were there.  It was not fun.  We ventured out for breakfast to kill some time.  Don't let this picture fool you.  After an hour long wait to be seated, these girls were not angels at the table.  But, Laynie most certainly enjoyed her chocolate donut.
We also took the girls to the Disney Store one afternoon.  Marlee picked out an Ariel costume.  Laynie firmly stated that she did not want a costume.  She is crying in this picture because she was trying to climb through the railing on the balcony and I wouldn't let her.
The house building process is in full swing.  It is the most overwhelming and yet one of the most exciting things I have ever done.  James and I had a vision of our forever home and when we couldn't find it, we decided to build it.  Marlee has already picked out her room (and she confirms daily that it is bigger than Laynie's room).  Laynie picked out her room (the garage) and she excitedly shows it to us every time we go over there.
 
 
 
A few more favorites from the summer:
 
 

 Things they are saying that are my favorite:

Marlee:
Balarm (alarm)
Waspes
Foots
Free/ferty (three/thirty)
Norapool (whirlpool)

Laynie:
That's good, isn't it?
Wah bis (watch this)
Right bear (right there)
Pete (pee....I think this one is going to stick for all of us forever)
E-as (ears...she also calls her eyes her e-as)
Fuzzles (puzzles...she really loves puzzles and is always looking for her fiece (piece))

The days are long but the years are short.  We had an amazing summer and I love them more than words could ever express.















0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs