We spent Memorial Day weekend with Memaw and Papaw at Lake Ouachita. It was a perfect weekend full of sunshine, good food, family, and relaxation. We hope to make it back down to Lake Ouachita one more time this year.
We headed down Friday night and made a quick stop at Jack & Jill to see Ma
Marlee had a good time swinging with the other babies. She noticed that the other baby was grabbing the ropes, so she had to see what that was all about. She starts preschool next week and I am really excited for her to start interacting with other babies.
Saturday morning at the dock before heading out on her first boat ride
Marlee did a lot of snoozin on the boat. Well, really just a lot of cat naps. She couldn't get a good, long nap because she was so afraid of missing out.
Marlee also did a lot of toe sucking on the lake
This was after a squealing fit and diaper change. We didn't feel like fighting to put the swimsuit back on and she didn't seem to mind hanging out in her swim diaper.
Day two on the boat...Marlee had such a good time in her exersaucer...as always. I am so thankful Memaw suggested bringing it. This girl can hang out in this thing forever (30 minutes).
Her sweet smile makes my heart melt every time
Poor thing HATED that stupid life jacket
Sophie made it all better. Thanks, Dad. I love how she went from being so angry in the picture above to so relaxed with her arms just dangling. I could eat her up!!
"Hi there, Mom! I'm so happy to be out on the lake! (and happy that I'm out of that stupid life jacket)"
"But, man...I wish I could take a good nap. I'm so tired."
"C-ya"
Sucking on those toes again and getting some kisses from Pawpaw.
The water was a little cold, but she loved getting her feet wet
She also did a lot of thumb sucking on the boat. Mostly due to the lack of sleeping on the boat.
We stopped in Fort Smith again on the way back home to see Ma & Pa. Ma took her on a stroller ride as soon as we got there.
Then we went swimming in the pool. Thank you Memaw for the new floatie! It is perfect and we will use it so much this summer!
Addi came over to Ma & Pa's house to love on Marlee. Hadley will be here sometime in the next month and we are so excited for Marlee to have a little friend on James' side of the family.
Silly Dad can always get a laugh out of this sweet girl






















0 comments:
Post a Comment