Friday, June 8, 2012

6 Months Old

Memaw was here to help me get a smile out of this cute little munchkin
 She always has to take a look out the window when she is sitting in her chair
Memaw, you are hilarious!
 Marlee weighs a whopping 14 pounds, 5 ounces.  She's a petite little thing in the 25th percentile for height and between the 10th and 25th percentile for weight.  The doctor said it is common for babies to drop a little in the weight category at 6 months because they are burning more calories than they were before.

Speaking of burning calories, she isn't crawling or sitting, but she rolls and rolls and rolls.  She decided one day that she wanted to try rolling back over to her back again and now she can't stop.  I constantly find her way off of her blanket.

Still wearing 3-6 month clothes and a size 2 diaper

Although she isn't sitting, she can sit for a small moment on her own.  And she loves to hold herself up with her hands.

Sleeping 10-11 hours at night and is eating 6 ounces every four hours.

Loves her feet.  Loves grabbing them.  Loves sucking on them.  Loves everything about them.
Eats oatmeal every night along with a fruit or vegetable.  So far she has tried green beans, sweet potatoes, apples, squash, pears, and green peas.  She didn't care too much for the green beans and ABSOLUTELY HATED the green peas.  I don't blame her.
Has started playing in the water during bath time and loves to play in the neighborhood pool in her floatie.  We are glad she likes the water.

Reaches for EVERYTHING.  The fun is just beginning. :)

Started pulling the strings on her toys that hang from her car seat and it makes me smile every time I hear it as I'm driving down the road.

Has so many different facial expressions these days.  It is so much fun to watch her watch things.  This is her excited to see Frank across the living room
"Oh, hey there, Mom"
Love those cheeks!
We just love her more and more every day and I absolutely cannot imagine my life without her.  I thank God every night for bringing her into our lives.  I asked James if he wanted to contribute to this post and he said that "he couldn't be more proud to be her daddy".  We love you Marlee Mae!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs