James and I knew we wanted to do two things after we got married (and before we had kids). We wanted to a) backpack through Europe and b) buy a boat. We did both, except we bought a boat four years ago and we didn't buy a boat with a baby in mind. I think we thought it would work for us when we had a family, but we never really thought about how much crap essentials you have to bring along with you when you have a baby. So, we bought a new boat this year. It's a pontoon, but it still has a wakeboard tower (and James is glad because he can still wakeboard and show Marlee that he is a "cool" Dad). I feel like trading in a ski boat for a pontoon is like trading in a sports car for a minivan. But, with the wakeboard tower, I like to think of it as an Escalade instead of a minivan. ;) James grew up on the lake with his family and I grew up on the lake with friends and then later family (my parents bought their lake house when I was in college). We can't wait for the lake to be a big part of her life.
Marlee loves to splash
Such a sweet face
"What was I doing before Mom made me look up? Oh, yeah, I was splashing"
"Splashing is so much fun!"
Someone sure does look sleepy. We're going to have to figure out how to get her to take a nap on the boat.
"Look Mom, I can sit up like a big girl!"
"Do I have to sit up? I would rather just lounge around"
"Yeah, I'm just going to lay back and enjoy myself"
I swear she is my child....but I think she has her daddy's skin. :)









0 comments:
Post a Comment