Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Day of School

Last Wednesday was Marlee's first day of school.  We noticed a preschool being built right by our house while I was on maternity leave.  And since the preschool we had already chosen couldn't get her in until June anyway, we decided to check this one out.  We absolutely fell in love with it.  Marlee will be attending Cedar Crest Academy Wednesday through Friday each week.  

This is us on her second day of school (since Dad was out of town on her first day).
You know how everyone tells you that the first day of school is much harder on the parents than the children?  Well, I can honestly say that it was equally hard for both of us.  In fact, it was absolutely miserable.  First of all, James was in New York so I had to do it all by myself.  Second of all, Marlee had her 6 month appointment that morning.  I was thinking it would be great because she could just go in at 10:00 and have a short first day.  I didn't realize she was getting shots...four of them.  And we were going to be showing up at school right at her time to eat.  
I dropped her off and just left (like everyone says you are supposed to do) and then had to fill out paperwork in the lobby for 36 minutes.  I know it was 36 minutes because it was the longest 36 minutes of my life.  She was SCREAMING...like the kind of screaming she did when she was 7 weeks old and we thought she had colic.  The kind of screaming that is inconsolable by anyone.  They said she even cried the whole time she was taking her bottle.  
I left and immediately starting crying as soon as I got in my car.  I wanted to walk back in there and save her, but I had to tell myself that she needs to learn.  I called James and he couldn't answer because he was in a meeting.  So, I cried the entire way to work...all 23 minutes.  And right when I got on the off-ramp in Rogers, I get a text message.  And it was this picture:
I smiled the biggest smile.  

They said she was all better and immediately I was all better.  I am so glad to know that we love her school and we know that she is in good hands.  I know that social interaction is good for her and she is going to learn so much at her new school.  I'm just glad the first day is out of the way.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs