Friday, July 6, 2012

7 Months Old

"Seriously, Mom...what is this on my head?"
"While I'm sitting here, I might as well see what this bunny tastes like."
"I don't know what to do with my hands."
"Okay, okay, I'll smile if we can move on and do something else."
Marlee weighed 14 pounds 12 ounces at the doctor last week.


Graduated to 6-9 month clothes and still wearing a size 2 diaper

Sitting up like a champ!!
Puts anything and everything in her mouth.  We sit down at night and give her lots of objects in all different shapes, weights, textures, and sizes so she can explore them all.

Sleeping 10 hours at night.  Has started waking up at 6:00am instead of 7:00am and Mom is not a fan.

Still drinks 6oz every four hours/four times a day and is now eating breakfast and dinner.  She is such a good eater.  She liked everything the first time around except for green peas.  However, she tried green peas again last night and ate all of them.  She made a face at first, but continued to eat.  They aren't her favorite, but she knows they are good for her. ;)

Has a new bath and absolutely LOVES it.  She can play with her toys in her new bath and splash, splash, splash!
Has grown out of her swing, bouncy seat, and jungle gym.  Her Ma bought her a new jumperoo because she loved the one at Jack and Jill so much.  She never quite got the hang of the johnny jump up.  I think she is just too petite for it.

Said "mamamamama" for the first time July 4th.  James and Paula were so excited.  I was kind of like "eh" because I know she is just babbling.  I'm saving my excitement for the real "mama".

We still read a book most nights (depending on her crankiness).  But, she is most interested in getting the book in her mouth.
She is doing so good at school.  She is finally taking good naps (she took two one hour naps today!!) and she loves it when I drop her off in the morning.  James and I absolutely love her school and we are so excited about everything she is going to learn there.

Loves belly kisses from Dad and I just love to hear her giggle.

Had her first cold last week and it broke my heart.  We snuggled on the couch.  A lot.  In fact, our entire house has been sick for the past 14 days (which is to blame for my lack of blogging).  We are finally on the mend...thank goodness!

Has started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth.  She even practices in her bed at night after we lay her down.  She is such an overachiever. ;)  Here she is at Jack & Jill showing off her skills.
Constantly "feeling" of everything.  She will stop what she is doing and rake her fingers across something just to feel it.  I know all babies do it, but the way she does it makes it one of our favorite things.

Is really interactive these days.  She will peek over at us while she is playing and just grin from ear to ear.

Loves going swimming at the neighborhood pool.  I think she likes it better than any other pool because she can touch her feet.  She likes to feel big. ;)  Here we are on our way to the pool yesterday.
We love her more and more each day and we can't wait to see what the next month brings.  James and I talk all the time about how we don't understand people that always say their babies are growing way to fast.  I know that one day I'm going to look back and it is going to feel like it flew by, but I honestly feel like it really  has been 7 months since she was born and I can't wait to watch my baby girl grow up and become more and more independent.  It is just awesome.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs