Friday, March 15, 2013

Story Time

I finally decided to try out story time at the library this week.  Marlee loves to read and also loves to sing songs with hand motions so I just knew that it would be a big hit.  
As soon as we walked into the children's section, Marlee noticed all of the colorful kites hanging on the ceiling and was pointing at all of them and screaming "Da!" (I guess that is code for kite).  She never really got over the kites the whole time we were there and would occasionally point up at the ceiling and scream "Da!".  
When we first got there, the kids were listening to a song and all of the other kids were sitting in their mom's laps listening or standing in front of their moms dancing (granted, some of them were older than Marlee, but there were also a few that were her age).  Not mine.  She was running over to the bookshelves, ripping the books off the shelves, going up to all of the other moms and kids to say hi, and running in circles.
The instructor then pulled out a book and asked all of the kids to gather around.  That caught Marlee's attention and she marched right up there and got in the instructor's lap.  But then the story was too long for Miss Marlee's attention, so she decided to venture on.  As she was walking away, she noticed a bunch of ducks out the window and screamed "DUCK!" while pointing and running to the window.
Needless to say, I decided story time was not for us, so we left and went outside to look at the ducks.  She kept trying to chase the ducks so I grabbed her hand because I didn't want her to walk into the pond (and she would have.  She has absolutely no fear).  She yanked her hand away and when I wouldn't let go, she fell on the ground like a limp noodle.  We repeated this about 10 times until I finally gave up and we left.
I'm afraid we are in for it with little Miss Marlee Mae.
Maybe we will try story time again when she gets a little older.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs