Thursday, March 6, 2014

Appetites, Stickering, Sitting, and Wardrobes

I know I start out every blog post with an excuse, but seriously!  We had snow again this week!!  James and I went to the horse races last weekend for our anniversary and got stuck in Fort Smith until Tuesday because of the weather.  And then we come home to no TV or Internet (which it is now Thursday and that is still not completely fixed).  Laynie will be starting school in a month or so and I am going to have so much more free time.  Until then, my goal is to update the blog once or twice a month.  I WILL NOT LET IT DIE.  I am not a quitter. ;)

Marlee has quite the appetite these days.  She will ask for a bite of whatever James and I are eating.  James always gets frustrated because she confiscates all of our meals.  I told him it is good for our waistline.  Haha!  Here she is eating a turkey sandwich on a roll for dinner the other night.
She also LOVES popsicles.  This trend started when she was sick and wouldn't eat anything else, but it is still going.  I buy sugar free so I figure it's not going to hurt her.  She likes to eat red or purple and Dada likes to eat an orange one.  She kind of gets mad if Dada doesn't want to eat one with her.  She likes company for her meals. ;)  Here she is sharing her popsicle with sister.
Laynie LOVES to eat, too.  She has tried almost all of the level one baby foods and will reach for anything we are eating.  
When I feed her, she has to stop between bites to suck her thumb.  It must taste better that way.
Marlee is into stickers, lining things up, and counting.  She has also started quizing me.  For instance, she will say "Look at the snow, Momma!  What color is it?".  Once I answer, she will say, "That's right, Momma!"  She also notices when we are doing something and will say, "That's good, Momma!"
Laynie has started sitting up in the last week.  She still bobbles back and forth, but she can sit on her own for minutes at a time.
While Mom was here last week, she found one of my dresses in Marlee's closet that I wore for Easter when I was her age.  We put it on Marlee and she loved it.  She kept running around the house, saying "So pretty!"  She is also into saying "Ta-da!"...except it sounds more like "Ta!"  That is what she is doing here.
Ma bought the girls some matching outfits.  We tried to get a good picture, but that never works out real well.  Here are two pictures...one good one of Marlee and one good one of Laynie. :)  I sure do love this pretty girls!!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs