We went to Bernie the weekend before Christmas and this is the only photo I have. I blame it on constantly chasing Laynie to make sure she isn't eating something she shouldn't or falling down the stairs!
At least one of the girls was sick from Thanksgiving through Christmas. That made for a VERY hard Christmas. James and I were up way too late on Christmas Eve trying to make it all happen. And I think I averaged 4 hours of sleep per night for about 3 weeks. It stunk. And I am SO glad it is over. I know I set the stage in this house for how magical Christmas is for the girls and I put on a really good front, but I was worn out. Here are my sick babies. It breaks my heart.
And here is Lou bird one morning in my bed. She loves to wake up in Momma's bed.
Both girls loved Santa. Well, kind of. Marlee loved him. She was talking to him before I could even get Laynie out of the stroller. Laynie, not so much. She is only smiling in this picture because I am sitting beside her and Dada is behind the camera. ;)
I absolutely LOVED our Christmas card this year. We had several people ask if it was taken on our property. Ha! I wish!
For the first time ever, we decided to stay home on Christmas Eve. It was definitely weird going to church as just a family of four. But, it was nice to be at our own church. And, it was great to start our own traditions.
Candlelight service was interresting. We found out they had childcare and we were Thankful for that. Laynie was over it. Marlee did really well and even turned to James while we were singing "Away in the Manger" and said, "I love you Dada. Happy Christmas." It was the sweetest thing ever.
Marlee sat out cookies for Santa and Dada read "The Night Before Christmas"
The girls were so excited Christmas morning. It takes Laynie awhile to wake up. ;)
Marlee's favorite toy was a toy that Santa brought for Laynie and Laynie's favorite toy was a wand from Dollar Tree.
Santa brought them this Frozen car. They love to sit in the car and listen to the radio, but Marlee is too scared to drive it. I think Laynie would drive it if she could reach the pedals. She is our little daredevil!
We spent Christmas Day at Ma & Pa's house. I do not have any pictures from there either. Again, I was chasing Laynie. I did steal these from Jami.
A few nights later was Christmas at Memaw and Papaw's house. I only took two of these pictures. The rest I got from Mom. :) It is hard being out of town!
Marlee got Frozen skates, which turned out to be her favorite gift. They have not left her side since she opened them.
Marlee and I made chocolate popcorn and she handed it out at Ma & Pa's house and at Memaw and Papaw's house. She has such a kind heart.
And last but not least, I love this man more than he will ever know. And he doesn't read this blog, so he still won't know. ;) He is the only reason I made it through this Christmas without losing my sanity.
And that is that. It's a wrap. Thank goodness. I am typing this in January and both kiddos have been well for a week (despite Laynie getting all four molars). I feel like I am finally getting back on track!
.jpg)











0 comments:
Post a Comment