We have been hanging out inside for the most part...since it has been freezing outside for the most part. We did have a nice weekend so the girls got to try out their new Frozen Mustang.
It was a big hit for about 15 minutes. Marlee has so much anxiety about it. I do believe Laynie would drive it if she A.Cared to drive it and B. Could reach the pedals.
James took Marlee to the Lady Razorback basketball game with Gina and Peyton. To say Marlee loved it would be an understatement. She has talked about it ever since and CANNOT wait for her next Razorback experience.
I'm not real sure what this face is all about.
We took the girls to the library one cold Saturday. Marlee was in heaven with all of the books. Laynie was in heaven with all of the wide open spaces. James and I spent the entire time switching off who ran after Laynie.
We have spent a lot of time indoors painting (Marlee) and sorting crayons (Laynie). Laynie is pretty much into sorting just about anything these days.
Dada even got in on the fun. These two seriously crack me up.
Marlee still spends a lot of her free time dressing up and role playing.
Little miss priss had a meltdown before school on "wear red day" because she didn't have a red dress like little sister. This photo cracks me up because she is looking Laynie up and down.
She also likes to put all of her books on the floor and make a "hotscotch". This is so fun to clean up. She helps me, of course...but her picks up one book to my twenty.
Her latest facination is pretending to be a mermaid. She wants James and I to get in on the fun, so we have spent the majority of every night this week flopping around on the floor pretending to be mermaids.
Laynie spends most of her time getting into anything and everything, moving things from one place to another, and playing with this shape sorter. It is her new favorite pastime. She has gotten even better since this video and likes to praise herself by clapping and saying "Yay!" after each shape.
She is getting quite a little attitude and gives me the look quite often.
Little miss attitude recently learned how to dip her food.
After so many consistent ear infections and a ruptured ear drum, Laynie finally got tubes in her ears. It has been so nice to finally get some sleep after 2+ months of sleepless nights.
Here she is at the Dr. after her ruptured ear drum. :(
And here she is before getting tubes. She is the cutest hospital gown wearer I have ever seen. :)
She started talking a little more the week before she got tubes and has been talking much more since then. For example, she got stuck between the couch and ottoman last week and said "I'm tuck!". She is also repeating more after me. She said "sock" and "shoe" after me this week. We also find her spinning around in circles a lot, saying "asthes,asthes". She loves to play ring around the rosie.
We finally got some snow this week. Marlee and I spent 30 minutes of battling it out getting Marlee dressed to go outside (she didn't like anything I put on her because it wasn't "pretty enough"). After I finally got Marlee outside with James, I decided it wasn't even worth it with Laynie so I just put her in her high chair with a sucker (she would probably rather do that anyway). And it's a good thing because Marlee and James were back inside 15 minutes later because Marlee got snow in her boot and she was over it.
We spent the rest of the snow days watching movies, eating Valentine's candy, and playing in a tent on Marlee's bed (we even watch a movie in the tent! :) ).
Other than that, Marlee got a hair cut. She didn't know what to think about it.
Laynie tried her first cookie cake and she loved it. Dada was recovering from an intestinal infection and sure doesn't look that great.
And Marlee faked sick one day to miss school and hang out with me.
I sure do love these girls with all of my heart and I love making memories with them.
And because my main goal in all of this is to have something for them to read when they get older, I want to let them know that Momma and Dada got out for a date. :) We went to eat a really nice dinner and then met a friend at JJ's bar and grill to watch the Razorback basketball game. It was a nice break.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment