We had such a great summer!! I think we had something planned every weekend...just the way we like it! I bet the girls ate 100+ Popsicles this summer. They are definitely Laynie's most favorite thing ever.
Marlee started dance lessons again and was pretty excited about her new leotard.
Marlee and Laynie love each other most of the time. I snapped this picture of them watching a movie while I cooked dinner.
And Marlee requested for me to move Laynie's high chair so they could sit together. :)
This was western day at gymnastics. She has really nailed this pose. Haha!!
Marlee started a new class at school with Ms. Yuna. She paints me a picture on the easel every day. And she is apparently the queen at recess. Haha!!!
James put Marlee to work spraying pesticides on the landscaping...in her panties and tap shoes, of course.
Memaw, Papaw, Pa, and Ma have been on vacation this summer which has caused me to work with the girls at home. Laynie oftentimes climbs up in my lap while I'm working. Sometimes she "organizes" my printer paper (see her in the background at work?) and Marlee likes to lie in the floor bugging me.
We took a trip to Bernie at the beginning of August. The girls traveled really well and we had a good time playing with the toys at Memaw Doris' house and playing on the playground at Aunt Lana's school. I failed to get any pictures of them with Memaw Doris once again!!
This sequence kills me. The first is how Laynie usually looks at me when I try to take a picture and the second is after I made her laugh. I finally got a picture of her smiling!!
We went to the peach orchards to get some peaches for Memaw. The girls had a good time picking out some peaches. The lady let Marlee take home her favorite one for free.
We also went to visit Aunt Helen at the nursing home. It was quite challenging to keep them entertained!
Marlee learned about the different types of crops while we were there and would name them on the way home.
Marlee still loves to sing in the car. We have a CD that her teacher at school made her and three CD's of 100 children's songs and I am pretty sure she know almost all of the words to every song. Well, her own words at least. This song is called "Mighty to Save" and she sings "My Name to Say". :)
So, I was trying to sleep train Laynie again after a few weeks of teething and this happened. Both of my babies crawled out of their bed before the age of two!!
We had to convert her bed to a toddler bed and she would not stay put in that either. I looked on the monitor once night before I went to bed and we couldn't find her. So, James went in her room and found her passed out on the chair.
I told her she had to stay in her bed and she does...until around 1:00am when she stands up and cries until I come get her. She sleeps with me for 1:00am on and I'm okay with it. I am not a good sleeper anyway and I am so over sleep training. I actually enjoy cuddling up to her and she loves it, too. :) I especially love it when she wakes me up in the morning. She is such a morning person....unlike Momma and Marlee.
We celebrated Laynie's Birthday with a Minnie Mouse party at our house. We turned our backyard into a kid's wonderland and they all had a great time.
This is Laynie's happy face
This is Laynie's mad face
And this is Laynie's face when she realized there were skittles in one of her presents
She didn't care too much about her cake. She would have rather been eating skittles. ;)
Laynie also had her two year check-up. She was in the 10th-25th percentile for height and in the 25th-50th percentile for weight. She is short and sweet. :)
Marlee's class walked down to the park one day for a picnic and all of the princesses happened to be there. Marlee's teacher told me that Marlee said "Ariel! What are you doing out of the water?! Silly Ariel."
So we went back to that same park about a week later and she had a total meltdown because the princesses weren't there. She said "Mom, you aren't a good Mom today." She finally got over it and we played all around the castle and pond. Ms. Ferrin (Marlee's teacher) came by to play with them. Can you spot them in the tower?
So we went back to that same park about a week later and she had a total meltdown because the princesses weren't there. She said "Mom, you aren't a good Mom today." She finally got over it and we played all around the castle and pond. Ms. Ferrin (Marlee's teacher) came by to play with them. Can you spot them in the tower?
I am not real sure why, but Marlee does this all the time. I thought James taught her this but he swears he didn't. Haha!
James brought home some sidewalk paint one day. It was quite messy.
Marlee is getting really good at writing her name. The little "e" intimidates her so she like to draw the big "E". She said the other day, "I don't want to draw an "E". I'm just going to make an "F" this time." I guess even the big "E" is exhausting.





0 comments:
Post a Comment