I haven't updated in awhile and on top of that, my phone got wet and died, so I don't have any of my pictures or videos. Here is is what I gathered off of James' phone.
We have been on several hikes since the first hike. The girls have a lot of fun finding and following the marked paths, picking flowers, and stopping for snacks.
We went to see the Easter Bunny at the mall. I had a hard time holding Laynie back because she couldn't wait to sit in his lap and talk to him. Marlee was a little timid but agreed to a picture if Laynie would sit in between her and the Easter Bunny.
They took pictures with live bunnies at Jack and Jill. This one is my favorite.
Here are some pictures of the girls at Jami's house on Easter.
Marlee's favorite thing to do these days is pretend play. We play dolls in the doll house, we play with her my little ponies, we pretend to be mermaids, and we play doctor. James is much better at pretend play than me. They absolutely adore him.
Laynie got invited to a birthday party at the Amazeum. Marlee had been before with James but this was my first time. I was so amazed at the Amazeum...haha. It was such a neat place and we will definitely be going back. We had to drag the girls away after two hours.
James and I got a night away and went to see Mumford & Sons with some friends in Little Rock. It was hands down the best concert I have ever seen...and I have seen a lot. We can't wait to see them again. I feel like it is important to show tidbits of me & James so that when the girls grow up and read this, they can see that we do have a life outside of them. ;)
We took the girls to the Bentonville Community Center one Sunday after church and they had the best time on this slide. They wasted the first hour scared of it because of the big bucket that dumps water, but once they went down the slide, we couldn't get them to leave.
Laynie got a cute bob haircut. She was starting to grow quite the mullet so I had to have it evened out. She looks so cute. I don't think she has noticed.
We drove to Austin to visit our best friends. We stopped in a hotel on the way there and back. It was the best decision we could have made because after about six hours in the car we were all about to lose our marbles. At one point, I looked in the back seat and saw Marlee covered in blue marker. She said she wanted to look like Sadness from the movie Inside Out.
We also made pit stops at parks so we could all keep our sanity.
Marlee LOVES hotels. She always says "First, let's go check out our room and then let's go swimming." An indoor pool is now a must in hotel accommodations.
We went to a carnival in Austin. Laynie is our little daredevil that wanted to ride everything. She doesn't look like she is big enough, but she met the height requirement. Her little bitty presence on this ride just kills me.
Marlee played it safe and did the fun house about 20 times. They are so very different but I love them both the same. :)
Marlee really wanted to go fishing, so we took them fishing in Austin. Here are some pictures of them "fishing". My little girly girls.
It's not very often that you come across friends that you mesh with just perfectly. We actually met them when they bought our ski boat. Strange, but I am so glad we sold that boat. We would all do anything to live closer to each other but their family lives there and our family lives here and that's just not going to change. :(
We had fun picking out flowers for the house after church one day. Marlee picked purple and Laynie picked pink.
I had to try this dress on Laynie before she got too big for it. This was my Easter dress when I was her age. She said "I look like a princess."
Marlee is writing her name so good and is starting to draw a lot more (flowers, dandelions, stick figures, hearts, butterflies, the sun, etc). I just love her drawings.
Laynie is talking so much. She never stops. My favorite is "are you kidding me?" and "oh my goodness!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment