We recently went to Bernie so Marlee could meet her great grandparents. It took us 8 hours to get there. We stayed the night in Fort Smith on the way down there, so that helped a bit. Marlee was such a good traveler. She napped pretty much the entire time. She only had a couple fussy periods and that was usually right before it was time to eat.
However, once we got there, everything went downhill. Memaw Polly had lots of company and Marlee doesn't do well with crowds. I think she gets overstimulated...especially if it is a large crowd AND a new place. That is a lot to take on for a 16 week old. That said, I am extremely thankful for my mom's help because 3 hours straight of inconsolable crying can wear on a tired momma. She did do really well in the mornings when it was just Memaw, Memaw Doris, and Papa Roy. And, she did great the last day because I gave in and let her nap in my arms the entire day.
However, once we got there, everything went downhill. Memaw Polly had lots of company and Marlee doesn't do well with crowds. I think she gets overstimulated...especially if it is a large crowd AND a new place. That is a lot to take on for a 16 week old. That said, I am extremely thankful for my mom's help because 3 hours straight of inconsolable crying can wear on a tired momma. She did do really well in the mornings when it was just Memaw, Memaw Doris, and Papa Roy. And, she did great the last day because I gave in and let her nap in my arms the entire day.
Chillin with Memaw Polly after a long road trip
She found her thumb before the big road trip, but I think the stress of the road trip drove her to be a 100% thumb sucker. I can't get her to take her pacifier and she can't get enough of her thumb. Oh well, I guess you win some and you lose some. It does crack me up that she doesn't hold her hand in a fist yet so she always completely covers her face with her hand. She always sucks her left thumb and she always turns her head to the side to get it. I guess you do what you gotta do.
Playing in the morning with Memaw Doris


Transportation from Memaw Doris' house to Memaw Polly's house
Just hanging out on Memaw Polly's lap.
Relaxing with Memaw Doris

Cheesin at Memaw on the way home. I think she was glad to be on the move back to Fayetteville.
We got to see Josie at Memaw's house on our way home and she kept leaning over saying, "Whatcha doin, Maree?" and then she said "I hold you". Maybe next time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment