Thursday, April 5, 2012

4 Months Old

I don't know what she weighs because our insurance was denied at the doctor's office (James switched jobs a week ago), so her 4 month check up is now a 5 month check up. But anyway, I think she is still growing, judging by her chubby legs.

Still wearing 3-6 month clothes and a size 2 diaper

Discovered her voice a couple weeks ago and loves to talk, talk, talk. Especially in the mornings.

Still smiles a lot, but not for the camera. I'm afraid her childhood pictures are going to be like mine with no smiles.

Just started sleeping a 9 hour stretch a couple weeks ago, right in time for me to go back to work. I was very thankful for that!

Eats 5 ounces every 4 hours and takes three naps a day. Her first two naps are about two hours long each and the last one is about an hour. Something happened about two weeks ago and she now is such a good napper. Oh, I know what it is...she has her thumb.

Speaking of her thumb, this girl can't.get.enough. We have tried everything. I would much rather her take a paci, but she isn't having it. She even squeezed her thumb in her mouth alongside her paci the other day as I was trying to rock her to sleep. Little stinker. I've learned that as a parent, I can do my best to guide her, but she is going to go her own way. And that's okay. At least the girl knows what she wants. And fights for it.

Hasn't rolled over stomach to back again since 12 weeks. But, she is a champ at the back to stomach roll. And guess how she learned it? Trying to get that thumb. Silly girl. When I lay her down on her back, she is on her stomach in seconds. And then just looks around at her world from that angle.

Loves to sleep on her stomach. She immediately rolls over when I lay her down. Sometimes she even starts to doze off during tummy time if it's close to nap time.

Still enjoys going out and about and loves to look around. But still likes to be home for her nap.

We still read a book almost every night and she still pays really close attention.

Doesn't really enjoy rocking. She loves sitting on laps and facing outwards, but as soon as someone puts her in that cradle position, she arches her back and throws a fit. I used to rock her until she was drowsy, but in the past week I've started to just lay her down. She would rather go to sleep on her own and that is good for her. She is such a big girl.

Enjoys blowing bubbles and giggles when we blow on her belly or neck

Still enjoys her bath and still doesn't like the after bath routine.

Doesn't love walks as much now that we have a forward facing jogging stroller. I think two things bother her: the wind and the smooth ride. And I bet she misses looking at me. :)

Just started grabbing things and she concentrates real hard. She can hold something for a while if I give it to her, like her rattle or her keys.

Has really good control of her head, but she still falls forward in her chair. We are thinking she will be ready for rice cereal soon.

I can't think of anything else except that we love her so much. James always says she is so cute that he just wants to bite her. I don't really get that expression because I think biting her is weird, but I definitely love her so much that I just want to squeeze her. Which I guess squeezing her is just the same. Anyway, she really is awesome.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs