Saturday, August 11, 2012

8 Months Old

One good picture

And then the reality of our photo shoots these days...
 
 
 After her monthly picture, we all played in her room for a little bit.  I absolutely love these little bloomers...so cute!! 
 This is her "I'm trying to figure out what you are doing" face.
I'm thinking Marlee weighs somewhere between 15 & 16 pounds, but I won't know for sure until her nine month appointment.

Still wearing 6-9 month clothes and still wearing a size 2 diaper

Crawling EVERYWHERE!

Standing up whenever she gets the chance and scaring me when it is on the tile floor! She loves to stand up in her bed.  So much that it is getting in the way of nap time.  Who would want to nap, when you could be practicing your new standing up skill?
 
Sleeping 11 hours at night.  She is back to sleeping from about 8:00pm to 7:00am, which makes me very happy.  She is still taking three naps a day.  Mostly because her naps are pretty short.

Still drinks 6oz every four hours/four times a day and is now eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  She is such a good eater and still likes just about everything.  We also give her some pear juice once a day and we sometimes give her a snack with puffs and some fruit in her little mesh feeder (the most awesome thing ever invented).  We occasionally give her water in a sippy cup so she can learn how to use it.  She can drink out of it if we tilt it for her, but she still doesn't know how to hold it up on her own.

Started eating Gerber Puffs  We have been trying once a week and she finally got the hang of it last week at the beach.  It takes her a while to get them from the tray to her mouth, but she concentrates so hard while she is doing it.
Graduated to her big girl highchair.  She was ready for it a long time ago, but the booster seat was so much easier for us and she didn't mind.  Here she is in her highchair eating some puffs.  She is such a big girl.
Bath time is now a challenge because she of course sees it as an opportunity to stand up and then gets mad because we won't let her.

No longer likes her jumperoo.  Now that she is crawling everywhere, she don't like being confined.

Babbling like crazy and making cricket noises.  She loves when we imitate her.

We still read a book most nights (depending on her crankiness).  But, she is still most interested in getting the book in her mouth.

Moved up to a new classroom at school.  Almost every day, her sheet has "happy", "curious", and "content" circled.  It sure makes me happy that she loves her school so much.

Starting to "cruise" along the couch.  I'm pretty sure we will have a walker in the near future.

Developed separation anxiety this month.  She notices when I walk out of the room and she gets a little nervous and sometimes cries and crawls after me.  I would be lying if I said I didn't love this just a little bit.  It's nice to know that she sees me as a pretty important person. ;)

She sure is a lot of fun now that she is moving around.  We love you, Marlee Mae!!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs