James was off work for two weeks, so instead of blogging, I decided to sit back, relax (haha!), and enjoy two weeks with my family. And it doesn't help that Marlee chewed my camera cord so I can't upload pictures right now. Here is a snapshot of our Christmas vacation through IPhone pictures:
Marlee got her first ear infection the week before our Christmas break. This was not fun at all and I really feel sorry for the parents who have to go through this over and over again. It absolutely broke my heart.
After two changes in photographers and two cancellations, we finally got some family pictures made. Marlee had an ear infection and it was freezing outside, so Marlee wasn't feeling it...and I don't blame her. I'll be surprised if we have any happy pictures of my usually happy girl, but oh well...there is always next year.
side note: she did love her sparkly shoes and trotted around the house in them like she was hot stuff.
Marlee in her big girl car seat. She is indifferent about it.
We usually go on a Mommy/Daughter lunch date on Fridays. She LOVES anything with a straw (especially smoothies and Sonic drinks...thanks a lot Papaw).
It snowed on Christmas day in Fort Smith. Marlee said "Oooooo!". I didn't let her out in it because she was still sick, but she enjoyed watching it from inside.
So much family togetherness in the winter can make you go a little stir crazy, so we took our first trip to the drive-thru safari in Gentry, AR. We were so impressed with the animals and the experience in general that we plan to make this a yearly family outing.
We spent New Year's Eve with the Morehead's. Marlee went to bed at 9:00 and then woke up at 10:30 ready to play. We all went to bed at 11:00 and little miss thang was so wound up that she didn't fall asleep until 12:30!! Needless to say, she slept in the next day. She also woke up the next night around 10:30 and wanted to do the same...little stinker.
And here is my little princess ready to go back to school this morning. Her outfit has been killing me all day...she looks like a little grownup!
We also took a trip to Bernie during our break, but I don't have any pictures. I suppose I was too consumed with keeping Marlee out of everything that wasn't child-friendly. This little girl loves to explore new places and she was in heaven at Memaw Pauline's house (at one point she walked up to me with a glass ornament in her mouth!!) and Memaw Doris' house (I think she went up and down the stairs 100 times).
0 comments:
Post a Comment