Mom and I ventured to Bernie a couple weeks ago. The girls were actually really good in the car until the last 30 minute stretch. A 6 hour drive took us 8 hours, but I guess that is to be expected with a toddler and a 2 month old. When we got to Grandma's, Lana had brought over toys from her school for Marlee to play with and Marlee was so excited. We pretty much just hung out at the house and visited. We did go over to Kerry's for lunch one day. I didn't get many pictures, but I will just be satisfied with what I have...taking care of two babies away from home is a lot of work!
We went on a walk around the block with Crystal and Amelie....this is the only picture I got because I was too worried about Marlee running off into the street! She's fast!
Laynie got some lovin' from Aunt Helen and Memaw Doris
Sweet sisters in the morning
We pretty much just laid around
I was planning on going to bed early one night, but Laynie had other plans. Sweet girl was talking my ear off late one night.
Karen came over one night to visit with Mom, so I took on both girls solo. While I was feeding Laynie, Marlee found the sucker bag in my purse. I started keeping a sucker bag to use in desperate attempts to calm her down in public...like when she throws herself on the ground and goes limp at the store. Anyway, she found the suckers, figured out how to open the Ziploc bag, got a sucker, unwrapped it, and took it into the living room to eat it behind a chair so I wouldn't see her. She's a stinker. She ate a blue one so for the last two weeks, she has asked me if she can have a sucker. A blue one. It must have been that good.
Trying on Papaw Roy's hat
This girl was excited to head home
And then fought her sleep. She was SO tired and cranky, but she just would not close her eyes. Sleeping has never been her strong suit.
Even though she has already had two sauce-sauce's (Applesauce) on the way home, she kept asking for more. We stopped at a Walmart so I could feed Laynie and Memaw bought her some sauce-sauce. She was one happy girl.
0 comments:
Post a Comment