I can't believe my baby girl is 2!!! Here we are the night before her party. Marlee saw me making our party hats and insisted that we all wear them.
We started off her birthday by letting her open her gifts from us.
Marlee had a wonderful Elmo birthday party at our house with all of our family and closest friends. She is one lucky girl.
I think it is safe to say that the dress-up shoes were her favorite present of all.
At 2 years old, you....
- Love to sing and dance
- Love wearing Mommas bracelets, necklaces, and shoes
- Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk
- Everything is "Marlee do it"
- Like for Momma or Dada to "hold you" when you are going night night
- Still prefer to eat fruit all the time (bananas, apples, oranges, strawberries), but close behind are yogurt "ogurt", cheese hot dogs, spaghetti, and broccoli
- Can say your ABCs and recognize some of the letters
- Can count to 10 in English and Spanish (Thank you, Dora!) and can recognize all ten numbers
- Can recognize squares, triangles, circles, stars, hearts, and diamonds
- Know all of your primary colors
- Are a daredevil. You climb everything and try to balance on everything. And you love your Dada to throw you high...which makes me a nervous wreck.
- Are still a bookworm. Current favorites are "Llama Llama Time to Share", "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", and "Tickle Monster"
- Some of my favorite things you say: "I'm sorry so and so. Are you okay?" (you say that to anything you drop). "Bye bye so and so. See you later." "Come on! Let's go!"
- Are quite the jokester. You like to be silly and make people laugh
- Get attached to different things every day and whatever is chosen that day usually has to go to bed with you that night.
- Still not good in the sleeping department. I think you just have trouble turning off your mind at night.
Marlee Mae, you sure are a little firecracker and we love to more and more every day. I often wish I could freeze time and keep you like you are today, but I know you have to grow up. Momma and Dada think you are really going to be something special someday. We love you to the moon and back, Scooter!
0 comments:
Post a Comment