Thursday, December 19, 2013

Snow Days

We were snowed in for ONE WEEK.  At first it was a lot of fun.  James and Marlee played in the snow and she LOVED it.  She would have stayed outside all day if I had let her.  She kept saying "Not cold, Dada!  Not cold!".
 
 We made snow ice cream that night.  Marlee wouldn't touch it.
After the first two days, we spent the remaining days watching a lot of TV
And we had a lot of dance parties
And a lot of sister bonding
Thank goodness we had new toys from Marlee's Birthday party to break out each day
And because we were stuck inside for so long, Marlee was never tired at bedtime (more than usual), so we incorporated songs into our bedtime routine in an attempt to help calm her down.  It didn't work.
Here we are on the morning of the last snow day.  Day 7 in our pajamas.
Paula came over to watch Marlee on the last snow day so I could get a little bit of work done.  They had a blast and we are so thankful.  Paula read books with Marlee in her room while she was here.  and after Paula left, Marlee kept saying, "Pauby read it.  Pauby funny!"
Needless to say, I am so glad that week is over and I am not looking forward to the next winter blast...unless it only lasts a day or two...I can handle that.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs