As I mentioned awhile back, we went to the beach (a month ago!) with James' parents and sisters. I have been overwhelmed by the amount of pictures I have had to look through to pick my favorites for the blog...which is why I am just now getting around to it. Here are my favorites...in no particular order.
Here is a picture of Marlee with her Ma right when we got to our beach house
Little did we know that she was going to get sick that night...poor baby. After spending a few sick days inside, we ventured out for dinner.
And then tried out the beach the next day. Marlee had a good time playing in her baby pool (which lasted a total of about 10 minutes)
Here she is wanting out! She had just learned to crawl the week before and she couldn't understand why we wouldn't let her practice her new skill.
We took her down to the water to feel the sand and water with her hands and feet
And that is about all she could handle for one day. In her defense, it was extremely hot and humid and she still had a pretty nasty cold. So, we went back inside and played in the house.
We tried to venture out on the beach again the next day. Here are some pictures of her playing in her favorite spot in the living room.
Once we were out on the beach, her Ma gave her a bottle
After her bottle, we put her in her pool, but she decided she would rather crawl in the sand...which led to face-planting in the sand...which led to an immediate shower inside...which led to more playing inside the house. She would rather just stay inside and practice her new crawling skill, anyway.
We ventured out to dinner again that night.
Here are some posed pictures we took on the beach towards the end of the week. I am in love with all of these!! We also got a big group shot, but I don't have it on my camera. :(






And here is my little magazine model ;)
James, Marlee, and I were the last to leave the beach house, so we walked down to the beach before we left to say goodbye.
I think she was finally warming up the the beach and of course she was finally feeling better right when it was time to go home! Maybe our next beach trip will be more of a success.
Here is a picture of Marlee with her Ma right when we got to our beach house
Little did we know that she was going to get sick that night...poor baby. After spending a few sick days inside, we ventured out for dinner.
And then tried out the beach the next day. Marlee had a good time playing in her baby pool (which lasted a total of about 10 minutes)
Here she is wanting out! She had just learned to crawl the week before and she couldn't understand why we wouldn't let her practice her new skill.
We took her down to the water to feel the sand and water with her hands and feet
And that is about all she could handle for one day. In her defense, it was extremely hot and humid and she still had a pretty nasty cold. So, we went back inside and played in the house.
We tried to venture out on the beach again the next day. Here are some pictures of her playing in her favorite spot in the living room.
Once we were out on the beach, her Ma gave her a bottle
After her bottle, we put her in her pool, but she decided she would rather crawl in the sand...which led to face-planting in the sand...which led to an immediate shower inside...which led to more playing inside the house. She would rather just stay inside and practice her new crawling skill, anyway.
We ventured out to dinner again that night.
Here are some posed pictures we took on the beach towards the end of the week. I am in love with all of these!! We also got a big group shot, but I don't have it on my camera. :(






And here is my little magazine model ;)
James, Marlee, and I were the last to leave the beach house, so we walked down to the beach before we left to say goodbye.
I think she was finally warming up the the beach and of course she was finally feeling better right when it was time to go home! Maybe our next beach trip will be more of a success.



















0 comments:
Post a Comment