I quit my job this week. It wasn't an easy decision and it is something that James and I have been discussing since Marlee was born. I am a very independent person, I really enjoy the satisfaction I get from my job, and I actually enjoy analytical work. However, working 40 hours a week (sometimes more) with a 30 minute commute to and from work, and travel to Los Angeles in one week increments, just wasn't something I could continue. I know that it would be even more impossible once we have a second child (which is not anytime soon if you are wondering), so we thought, "Why wait?". The thing is, I am a person that doesn't want to do anything unless I give it 100%, and I just couldn't give 100% to both my job and my sweet Marlee Mae. James and I have prayed about it since Marlee was born and knew that in due time, we would know what we should do.
About two months ago, I was confronted with an analyst position to work from my house for just 20 hours a week. I know in my heart that this is an answer to our prayers because this type of job just doesn't exist. I get to continue working (using my college degree), I will have more time at home to get things done around the house (James is excited about some chores dropping off his list), Marlee gets to continue going to school, and all the while, I get to spend more time with my little goodness. It doesn't get much more perfect than that.
I saw this little picture on Facebook this week and I just love it.
I know that these days will be over before I know it and I don't want to miss a thing. I am so thankful for the ability to make this change in my life and for a husband that supports me.
1 comments:
AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment